- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, Junaya Family Development Services (JFDS), is seeking a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage our services and activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs.
Your new employer…
JFDS provides family support, case work and group work activities to individuals, children, young people and their families experiencing vulnerability in the Blacktown Local Government area.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about Junaya via https://junaya.org.au/
Your new job…
This position provides leadership and management of JFDS’ governance systems, operations, service delivery and partnerships as well as:
- promoting a positive organisational culture
- drive organisational growth and development
- monitor the organisation’s Strategic Plan
The role is Full Time at 35 hours per week, initially for a 6 month contract, with the potential opportunity for this to become permanent. Salary for this role is classified at level 7.3 in the NSW SCHADS Award. The role is based in Blacktown but some occasional travel may be required, therefore you will need a current driver’s license.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational, administrative, financial and management skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You will also need expert knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities and consequences of DFV, mental health, AOD, child protection, disability along with high level knowledge and understanding of the needs and rights of diverse communities.
- Diploma in Community Services/Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent (including overseas qualifications)
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role, i.e. the management and provision of casework services and group work activities to families experiencing domestic/family violence, child protection issues, mental health issues, AOD, disability and learning difficulties homelessness and related issues and comprehensive understanding of the impact of these issues on families
- Comprehensive knowledge of high-level case work and group work practice
- Demonstrated cultural competence
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of staff recruitment and management including staff supervision and annual staff appraisals
- Demonstrated experience in the development of inclusive organisational business and strategic plans, policies and procedures
- Experience in building and maintaining constructive working relationships with key stakeholders and excellent networking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in management, negotiation, advocacy and conflict resolution
- Ability to prioritise competing demands, delegate and complete the tasks within agreed timeframes
- Identify tender opportunities and write tenders to address unmet family and community needs
- Knowledge of DEX Reporting System and Community Data Solutions (Client & Case Management)
- Fluency in a community language spoken in the Blacktown LGA
Employment requirements include the provision of a Working with Children Check clearance, agreement to undertake a Police Check, evidence of the right to work in Australia, current driver’s licence and own car.
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay!
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Supportive team environment
What to do now…
For an Information Pack, please visit www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or contact us on (02) 4555 4634.
All applicants will be required to address the selection criteria in the dot points above.
To apply please send a cover letter addressing the criteria or the selection criteria form (from the Information Pack) along with your resume.
Closing date: COB (5pm) Friday 5th February 2021
All applicants will be required to provide current clearance of a NSW Working with Children Check.
- Salary Range $40,000 - $70,000
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia