Summary of the Role
- Want to make a positive impact to the lives of Australian’s living with disability?
- Want to be recognised for your contribution with staff perks, rewards, ongoing training and a staff wellbeing program?
- Looking for a challenging and fulfilling role which promises variety every day?
Sistability is a young and fast-growing business providing a range of domestic services to Australian individuals and families living with disabilities, to assist in keeping their homes well maintained and safe.
We operate in both Sydney and the Northern Rivers NSW with plans to expand to QLD. Our mission is to make a positive impact on the everyday lives of Australian’s living with disabilities by providing high-quality, reliable services.
Our cleaners have the opportunity to truly make a difference to the lives of others through regular domestic cleaning work. Hours can be flexible to your suit lifestyle and personal commitments – 12 to 38 hours per week. Immediate start in a great team environment. Hard work is rewarded. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN CAR.
About the Role
Exciting opportunities have become available for Domestic Cleaners to join the Sistability team throughout Sydney (Northern, Western, Upper and Lower Shore North areas) on a permanent part-time basis.
If you are passionate about contributing to making a difference to the lives of Australian’s living with disability and would like to work with a professional organisation that recognises the contribution of staff through perks and rewards, ongoing training programs, career development opportunities, and a wellbeing program, then this position is for you.
We are seeking domestic cleaners to perform various cleaning activities including; cleaning bathrooms, toilets, showers and tubs; washing floors; cleaning kitchens; vacuuming carpets; dusting, polishing and other cleaning-related activities. Our domestic cleaners also provide in-home laundry (with some external laundry services) including washing and changing bedlinen, and washing, drying, folding and ironing clothes.
Our motto is “We Can Do It”. We only hire people with a positive attitude who will live by this motto and take initiative to go the extra mile.
The Ideal Candidate
You must be physically fit and have excellent attention to detail. Our clients expect respect, understanding and professionalism and we only employ people with these values and traits. We are looking for honest, compassionate, empathetic and reliable workers with good personal presentation. You must have excellent communication skills, be motivated and derive personal satisfaction from a job well done.
Applicants who have a background in aged care, nursing, personal or disability support work will be highly regarded, however this is not a requirement to apply.
Other key information
- All cleaning supplies and equipment are provided;
- Variety of work available Monday to Friday within the hours of 8am to 6pm;
- Great company culture and team environment;
- $23 per hour + Super + Allowances;
- Staff perks and rewards program including access to discounts from retailers across the country;
- Training and career development opportunities;
- Work / Life balance promise with wellbeing program;
Application Criteria (must haves)
- 12 months+ of cleaning and/or housekeeping experience
- Strong sense of accountability and confidentiality
- A current Drivers’ Licence
- Fully comprehensively insured vehicle
- Your own computer, laptop or mobile phone with internet access
- National Police Check (issued within the last 12 months)
- The right to work in Australia
- An understanding of the NDIS (preferred)
- Experience in working with people living with mental health and/or disability (preferred)
Due to the volume of applications we receive each day, we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If you are selected to attend a group information session, you will receive an invitation via email. To attend the group information session, we will also require:
- Minimum of x2 recent and contactable work references
- Current Police Clearance Certificate (completed within last 12 months)
- Copy of a current Drivers Licence
- Copy of your full comprehensive Insurance Certificate
- Copy of your Passport, Birth Certificate or relevant working VISA
How to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability to the role, by addressing the selection criteria shown above, directly to: email@example.com
- Address Sydney, Australia
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Working Status The candidate must have the right to live and work in Australia